This week, Lindsey sits down with Christina Laycock, fellow milspouse, 2016 Beale AFB Military Spouse of the Year and 2018 Rivanna Station Military Spouse of the Year. Having grown up in a military family and then becoming a military spouse, Christina is no stranger to military life. Christina shares her insight on education and career resources and how milspouses can take an active role in making the life they want to have.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- [01:00] Christina’s military life
- [02:10] The Military Spouse of the Year program
- [03:30] Getting involved as a military spouse
- [06:30] Flexibility as a milspouse with a career
- [08:30] Opportunities for milspouses- education and career
- [10:30] Learning not to settle
- [14:50] Prepping for the unconventional PCS- what you need to know
MilHousing Network connects military families with pre-screened military real estate experts all over the country. Founded by military spouse realtors, we built this company to be a high quality resource to better help our military PCS. Every home sold within our network helps provide jobs for military spouses. We’re dedicated to our mission of serving military families and to providing career opportunities for our fellow military spouses. To join our movement and connect with one of our realtors, click here.