Our next guest is a fellow military spouse, and Program Manager with National Military Family Association, Allie Jones. Allie works remotely with NMFA to help military spouses pursuing education and employment. As a remote worker she understands the pros and cons of working remotely. She gives us tips and advice to make that lifestyle work, and how to pitch remote work to your current company if you are thinking of making the change.
Listen in to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly of remote work while also learning about National Military Family Association and the amazing scholarships and grants they have available for military spouses.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- [02:00] Allie’s military life story
- [03:25] How military life impacted Allie’s career
- [06:00] The good, the bad, and the ugly of working remotely
- [11:10] Working at home with children
- [12:20] Outsourcing help as a military spouse and remote worker
- [14:00] Self-care for remote workers and moms
- [15:40] What the National Military Family Association does.
- [17:30] Tips for pitching remote work to your company
- [18:30] The National Military Family Association Scholarship Program
MilHousing Network connects military families with pre-screened military real estate experts all over the country. Founded by military spouse realtors, we built this company to be a high-quality resource to better help our military PCS. Every home sold within our network helps provide jobs for military spouses. We’re dedicated to our mission of serving military families and to providing career opportunities for our fellow military spouses. To join our movement and connect with one of our realtors, click here.[/vc_column_text]