Our next guest is fellow military spouse and CEO of Firma IT Solutions, Rodney Gullatte Jr. Rodney was recently named a Colorado Springs Business Journal 2018 Rising Star. As the father of two (soon to be three) girls and a military spouse, Rodney is no stranger to the struggles a military family can face.
Dubbed the “King of Networking” by Lindsey, Rodney is a pro at getting connected into a new community after a PCS. Less than 2 years after PCSing to Colorado Springs, Colorado, Rodney’s cyber security company became the #1 cyber security firm. In his episode, Rodney discusses the way he quickly connects into his new communities and how that can positively impact a milspouse owned business.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- [03:15] Rodney’s military life journey
- [04:00] How the military has impacted Rodney’s career
- [09:00] Rodney’s experience as a male military spouse
- [11:45] How being a milspouse has impacted Rodney as a business owner
- [14:00] How networking with competitors can be beneficial for your business
- [15:25] Rodney’s first 30 days after a PCS to get connected
- [22:30] The importance of supporting milspouse owned businesses
MilHousing Network connects military families with pre-screened military real estate experts all over the country. Founded by military spouse realtors, we built this company to be a high quality resource to better help our military PCS. Every home sold within our network helps provide jobs for military spouses. We’re dedicated to our mission of serving military families and to providing career opportunities for our fellow military spouses. To join our movement and connect with one of our realtors, click here.