This week’s guest is a fellow milspouse and host of the web series Moving with the Military, Maria Reed. Maria provides makeovers at no cost to military families and features their makeovers on her web series.
After having a career in film and television Maria found herself looking for a new career that was stable enough for her to grow a family while her husband was frequently away on TDYs and deployments but could grow with her as they PCSed. Maria created Moving with the Military to help celebrate military family life while also helping them transition and feel at home in their new locations.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- [01:35] Maria’s military journey.
- [03:00] The impact of military life on Maria’s career.
- [06:30] All about Moving with the Military.
- [08:15] Who is featured on Moving with the Military.
- [09:20] How MWM is different than other home improvement shows.
- [11:00] Maria’s favorite part of the show
- [16:10] Why it’s important for military families to create homes they love.
- [18:40] Tips for buying durable and interchangeable home decor for multiple PCSes.
- [20:25] Maria’s hopes for the future of the series.
Get in Contact with Maria:
MilHousing Network connects military families with pre-screened military real estate experts all over the country. Founded by military spouse realtors, we built this company to be a high quality resource to better help our military PCS. Every home sold within our network helps provide jobs for military spouses. We’re dedicated to our mission of serving military families and to providing career opportunities for our fellow military spouses. To join our movement and connect with one of our realtors, click here.