Our guest this week is a total boss when it comes to the military spouse community (or any community), Erin Ward! Erin is military spouse advocate, Keller William’s real estate agent, as well as a MilHousing Network preferred agent. She is also a board member of the Military Family Advisory Network, and the MilSpo Project. She works on legislation for military spouse careers and was recently interviewed on CBS to talk about some of the challenges military spouses face in the work force. (Told you, boss).
Being a military spouse definitely impacted Erin’s life and over the course of her many career changes, she has become a real estate agent to take control of her career. In our episode Erin talks about the challenges military families face including finding affordable child care and difficulty transitioning between jobs during a PCS. Listen in to see what Erin has been doing to for the cause and what you can do to help her.
Key topics discussed in this episode:
- [02:15] Erin’s military life and PCS moves
- [03:06] How military life impacted Erin’s career
- [06:07] The origins of Erin’s passion for military spouse employment
- [08:40] The new legislation senator Tim Kaine is proposing for military spouse employment
- [13:10] What military spouses can do to help the cause
- [16:20] How real estate can combat military spouse unemployment
- [18:40] Other careers available in real estate besides an agent
- [20:18] 3 tips for spouses wanting to get started in real estate
Erin’s Agency Facebook
MilHousing Network connects military families with pre-screened military real estate experts all over the country. Founded by military spouse realtors, we built this company to be a high quality resource to better help our military PCS. Every home sold within our network helps provide jobs for military spouses. We’re dedicated to our mission of serving military families and to providing career opportunities for our fellow military spouses. To join our movement and connect with one of our realtors, click here.